Sep 17, 2011

Increase the Speed of your Internet connection- Broadband Hack

Previously I was thinking like we cannot increase the broadband speed. The reason is we are getting a fixed bandwidth from ISP so there is no way to improve the speed due to this fixed bandwidth. Later I found one tweaking program while searching in forums called TCP/IP optimizer. After using TCP/IP optimizer I feel a noticeable increase in download and upload speed so I would like to share the same idea with my readers. I would like to let you know at the beginning itself that I am not a part of this program development but I just used this program and experienced improvement in my Internet speed. I know it would be better if I show some results from my PC itself. So I provide screen shots of my Internet connection speed before and after using this program for your reference. The pictures I provide below show the Internet speed I was getting (throughput) before installing TCP/IP optimizer and the current Internet speed I am getting.

Results of Increased download speed after tweaking the system




The Speed I was getting before installing the TCP/IP optimizer

This picture shows my old broadband speed before installing the optimizer.

Broadband hack to increase the Internet Speed


The two things we need to notice are download speed and upload speed.

Download speed: 0.46

Upload speed : 0.24

Improved Broadband speed after installing TCP/IP optimizer

This is the screen shot of the Internet speed test after installing optimizer in my PC. I found a huge improvement in my broadband connection speed.

How to increase the speed of your Internet connection

You can understand the improved broadband speed from the details below.

Download speed: 1.00

Upload speed : 0.44

The result shows now my computer has almost double the speed compared to the previous broadband speed. How it is possible? Anyway I am getting the same connection from the ISP with same bandwidth. So the change is not from the ISP side but from my computer side. So what would be the possible reasons for the improved broadband speed ?


The possible reasons for the better broadband speed:

1. It changes the Windows registry value for the optimum performance.

2. TCP Optimizer works by tuning up all the important TCP/IP parameters (MTU, RWIN,QoS,ToS/Diffserv prioritization). It optimizes the TCP/IP suit for better MTU and so the stateful connections(eg:video streaming, downloads) will be faster.

Further Reading and Resources

To check your Internet connection speed click on the link below.

Check your Internet Connection Speed
OR
http://www.bandwidthplace.com/

To download TCP/IP optimizer click on the link below.http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

2 comments:

  1. my broadband have a limit usage,it is possible that i can make my broadband to unlimited if i use this software ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No its not possible through this software. But for bsnl broadband some people are getting 100mb to 300mb free per day By using security kiss software. Again i am saying not for all.........

      Delete